Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dinner with the In-Laws

{ This post is linked up @ Home Stories A to Z}
This past Sunday we had Alex's family over. I made my favorite dish which is stuffed shells. I will share the recipe below :) Alex loves this recipe and requests it a lot plus it is super easy. Except this time I had to make 2 large pans full. We also had garlic bread, salad and pie! When the boys Easton and Barrett got here they went crazy over seeing Kobe. However, Kobe was not as thrilled because he began to hide under the coffee table and growl as loud as I have ever heard him. We had to warn the kids that the kitty was dangerous and like a lion! A few minutes into the dinner Lauren asked if we had any special news to announce and I began to laugh. And soon Alex's brother, sister and dad all said they had the same question. Luckily I could tell them definitely not and that I should have known that having everyone over for dinner for no special occasion would throw some people for a loop. We began talking about summer vacation with the family and possible spots. I really would love to go to Okoboji and we will have to decide soon so spots to book up to fast. We played a little pool and watched bits and pieces of the Oscars. It was a fun night and I'm glad we were all able to get together. I also will post my new Easter decor and update you on my workout classes I took this week.
Making these shells are very easy and I have tailored the recipe from other recipes. You could also substitute ground beef/turkey instead of chicken and add cooked spinach to the mixture.
What you will need:
1 box Jumbo pasta shells
2 cooked and shredded chicken breasts
Half a container of the large low fat cottage cheese (sorry for the un-exact measurements)
Package of shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
1 Jar of Prego traditional marinara sauce
Steps:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook the pasta shells according to the directions on the box, they only need to be cooked for 9 minutes or so because in order to fill them they need to be a little firm still. Combine the shredded chicken, cottage cheese, and half the bag of mozzarella cheese in a bowl and mix together. Then take one pasta shell and stuff a large spoonful into the shell. After you fill all the shells and put them in a 9x13 pan cover the shells with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Next pour sauce over. Cook in oven for 60 minutes.
I'm telling you, it is a great recipe and the cottage cheese makes it just so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin