Monday, September 9, 2013

If you don't like Coffee...

...then you probably aren't going to like this shake. But then again if you don't like coffee then you have bigger problems than just not liking this shake ;) Its ok, I won't hold it against anyone if they turn down espresso because I may have a slight problem. But if you are a coffee drinker like me and need a pre-workout boost then give this a whirl. There are similar recipes on Pinterest and this one stems from one I pinned awhile back. I rarely follow a shake recipe to a T because I'm usually just throwing in whatever I have available in my kitchen that sounds like a decent combo. 


// Ingredients //
1 Banana 
1/2 cup of frozen Strawberries & Raspberries 
1 cup of chilled coffee (leftover from the morning before because I'm the only coffee drinker in my home)
1/2 cup of Almond Breeze Milk
2 Tbsp of Flax Seed
Scoop of Protein Powder (mine was vanilla flavored)


 Blend it all together, close your eyes and chug it! Be prepared to be perked up and ready for your morning run! I love a combination of bananas and coffee...it may be weird but I think they fit nicely together :) If you don't like fruit in your coffee you may want to skip the strawberries and raspberries. 

4 comments:

  1. Haha okay I honestly was gonna scroll down past you on my blog lovin account because I saw the "If you don't like coffee" And that certainly doesn't apply to this girl!! :) But so glad I didn't because now I have an amazing recipe to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the title can be deceiving, but I am also very glad you decided to check it out ;) Hope you enjoy the shake!

      Delete
  2. Sounds great! I might have to give this a try!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Lifestyle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! I too love the taste of coffee and bananas! This is awesome! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin