Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering 9/11 & Worship Wednesday


Most of us woke up today from the sound of our alarm clock and not from a nightmare of the image of the Twin Towers falling. For that I am grateful but also saddened that so many people still have these horrific visions implanted in their memory. As a nurse I take care of patients suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Some can find a little relief by taking a pill but medicine can only do so much unfortunately and many of these victims struggle every day to regain some sort of normalcy in life. I am no expert on this topic but my heart goes out to those that were present at Ground Zero that day and for the many firefighters, police officers, veterans, and current military men and women who are affected by PTSD. So if you are a praying person, please take the time today to ask God to wrap His arms around these men and women as a thank-you for their courageous acts! 

I know I have featured another Need To Breath Song before but they are just SO GOOD! So I can't help myself by featuring my second favorite song by them called "Washed By the Water".  As you listen to the song, you can hear their passion for the story behind the lyrics. But you can also interpret the song your own way whether it be a melody about baptism, endurance or standing up for what you believe in when no one else does! 



Daddy was a preacher
She was his wife
Just tryin to make the world a little better
You know, shine a light
People started talking
Just to hear their own voice
Those people tried to accuse my father
Said he made the wrong choice
Though it might be painful
You know that time will always tell
Those people have long since gone
My father never failed

Chorus
Even when the rain falls
Even when the flood starts rising
Even when the storm comes
I am washed by the water

Repeat Chorus
Even when the Earth crumbles under my feet
Even when the ones I love turn around and crucify me
I wont never ever let you down
I wont fall
I wont fall
I wont fall as long as youre around me


On the same topic of Water..check out one of Self Magazines 2013 Women Doing Good Honorees that is fighting for access to clean water world wide. Marla Smith-Nilson writes that through this organization, called Water 1st, her most inspiring moment was when, "An Ethiopian man called me their water mother. When their project was funded, he said to me, 'Now I know that God has touched the ground.'" 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin