Thursday, April 25, 2013

Painting!

Well Alex and I have been busy and finally found motivation to paint our bedroom. We went to Sherwin-Williams during their 40% of sale and got 6 gallons of pain for our bedroom and guest bedroom. I randomly got called off of last Saturday which was a great opportunity to get started painting. I taped off everything and cleaned the walls. Alex and Jack helped too but I think I did most of the work ;) I put the final coat on last night and it turned out great! It really brightens up the room and gives it character. Now we just have to find time to paint the guest bedroom. We chose a grey and dark orange color for that room. Here are some before and after pictures!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Sorry for the messy bedroom, I had literally just got done painting and was really excited to take "after" pictures!

Last night Alex's parents came over to help us paint our guest bedroom. It didn't take too long because Alex's mom was taping, Dave was painting the trim and I was rolling. Alex was helping with the painting and also helping outside with our neighbor who was putting down seed for our lawn. After a few breaks and waiting for the first coat to dry. We managed to get the whole room and hallway done! The main color is a light grey and the accent wall is a darker orange color. I don't know how I feel about the orange color yet but I think once I get the decorations on the wall and paint our small desk white. I also want to do a burlap border for the small mirror we have. I work the next two days some maybe I can do some of those projects Wednesday or Thursday night.
photo.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin