Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tax Day 2013

{ This post is linked up @ Home Stories A to Z}
Hey everyone! I just got done working at the pregnancy center which was a pretty jam packed day! We had probably 7 positive tests and a handful of repeat ultrasounds. It was another great day working with those wonderful ladies and helping women in need. And there is exciting news at the pregnancy center..For the banquet they had they raised close to $300,000 which is enough money to open the new clinic out west on 144th and L. This is a great population we can serve because there are many high schools right in that area! I'm really excited and I hope that I can work there in the future but they may be choosing people based on seniority. This weekend was a lot of fun because I went home for several reasons.
First off I just had to see Addy because she is getting so big already and I know she will grow out of her puppy stage soon! And of course I wanted to see my family. My sister was back from college and I hadn't seen her since right before Easter. And it was Diane and Johnny's Wedding reception so a lot of my friends were in town like Trisha and Anna. Kelli was also there with Brady and he was wearing a cute little Hawaiian shirt with a Hawaiian necklace. It was an open bar for awhile and they were making the drinks very strong so it didn't take long for me to start dancing and talking loud, haha! We all danced and then went to the Panhead afterwards. It worked out pretty nice since my parents left the bar at the same time I did and I had a ride home. Sunday we just chilled and played with Addy and then it was time for Kobe and I to make our long trek home.
Photo: Adorable!
I picked up supplies to make homemade chili and cornbread so Alex and I could have it for a late supper. It turned out delicious and I will post the recipe I used. The corn bread was just a Jiffy box mix.
Simple Chili
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 2 small onions, chopped
  • 1 (10¾ oz) can condensed tomato soup
  • 2 cans Bush’s chili beans, undrained
  • ¾ cup chili sauce
  • 2 tsp. chili powder
  • salt and pepper
Instructions
  1. In a large pot, brown beef with onions until beef is no longer pink. Drain off any excess grease.
  2. Add the remaining ingredients to the beef mixture and stir to combine.
  3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes until thickened. Serves 6

I also had to post about a big tragedy that happened today. At the finish line during the Boston Marathon today there was 2 explosions that left 2 people dead and more than 50 injured. Some of the pictures from the scene were pretty hard to imagine and Brian Prunty ran in the Marathon today! I knew he was running in it because he posted a photo of his number so I checked out his facebook page to make sure he was ok. He said that he finished a few hours before the explosions and was perfectly fine. I guess they are evacuating some of the big hotels in Boston, stopping some of the transportation and have cleared out Pennsylvania Ave in front of the White House. They still don't know who caused the explosions but it is pretty serious! I just hope that everyone that is injured comes out of the hospital ok. Those people had no idea that running 26.2 miles would be the least of their worries that day! So keep praying for those families and pray that whoever did this is found and never has the ability to do something like this again!
Boston Marathon explosion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin