Sunday, July 28, 2013

Paleo Update

Happy Sunday everyone!
I'm writing from the car on our way back from Chicago! We had a fantastic trip and I will be sure to fill you in on all the race details and share photos! For now I just wanted to jot down some of my feelings about the Paleo diet I started at the end of June. I have nothing but positive thoughts on that diet and although it might not be easy for some I foud it pretty user friendly ;) I of course had my cheat days because I had 3 vacations planned for July but for the most part I feel that I have changed my diet for the better!
Since the first month is over I wanted to tailor the diet to my lifestyle a little more so that I can stay on track and be successful.
Here are a few things I will do
1 // still enjoy my lattes with skim milk but try to only have one a week
2 // have either one bowl of cereal (with almond milk) or one piece of 100% whole wheat toast a day
3 // allow 2 days a week where I can have sweets. I of course won't eat these in excess on those days but deriving myself of chocolate is just not a good idea for me or other around me (enter one grumpy Lauren)
4 // small portion of pasta one day a week. I can honestly say I did not have pasta the entire time I did my 30 days of paleo. And even though I missed it sometimes I could have a sweet potato instead to try and curve my cravings. The night before starting my diet I had a large helping of Sgt. Peffers that really hit the spot!!
I gained a lot of help from my friend Trisha (her boyfriend is a personal trainer) for the paleo diet. I found myself texting and emailing her questions about foods that I could and couldn't have. 

My digestive system felt great and I enjoyed having more energy than I did when I tried the low-carb diet. If you have any questions or tips about the paleo diet feel free to comment! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin