Friday, May 17, 2013

Whew... Blog Transfer Complete!

Well thank goodness I decided to switch servers now rather than later because that was kind of a taxing switching everything over. I wanted to have everything on one site and one blog so I switched over all my pages and posts. And added category labels to make things easier to find. I think I will like this blogger site...I have been using it for my personal blog for a while now.
It is my last shift of 3 and my last shift until Alex and I go home for Mike's graduation! I am super excited!!!
I am happier than this kitten with ribbons!


and I will be also celebrating my Birthday at home with my family which is always a good thing!
I will be a quarter of a centery old! Holy Crap!

My Brother will be going to Iowa State in the fall and I am very happy for him. I know he will love it there and have lots of fun..and hopefully learn a little something too. A lot of Marcus people go there so he will feel right at home. And I'm also excited to tailgate and go to some ISU football games.

On a separate topic, I wanted to post a really good article about my low carb diet that I found helpful and motivating. Here is the link http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-primal-carbohydrate-continuum/#axzz2TWeBYNwg
It explains that 0-50 grams of carbs a day is for rapid weight loss/ketosis and is helpful for diabetics. and 50-100 grams of carbs (which is what I am doing) is beneficial for steady weight loss such as 1-2 pounds a week. I have noticed a 2 pound weightloss in about 1.5 weeks but I don't like to go off weightloss so much as to how my clothes fit. The article discusses that depleted energy is normal and I sure have felt that which is not good in conjunction with the night shift. But I think that eventually my body will get used to it. And thankfully the author of this article also discusses how it is good to take days off and eat carbs to replenish.

Another exciting thing is that I found out what resort we will be staying at when we go to the Dominican Republic. It is Ocean's Blue & Sand Resort..Here are some Pics!

It is an all-inclusive resort with a rock climbing wall, bowling alley and 2 huge beautiful pools. It will be the first time Alex and I have been to an all-inclusive and I'm sure he will be very excited about all the food! I can not WAIT and it is a great place to celebrate Dacey and Kyle. I have a feeling after looking at this place we are going to want to stay longer than 4 nights.

That's all for now, have a great weekend and I will post lots of pictures soon from Mike's graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin