Thursday, June 13, 2013

New Twist on an Old Favorite!

Hop on over to my updated #SRT page. The devotional this month is over 1st Peter and is really great!!
"When we submit to another out of reverence to Christ, we replicate (faint though it may be) the very submission of Christ on the cross—the very heart of the gospel.” -Nate Shurden

Learn how to make it!!




Also Check out the detailed tutorial for this DIY Cakestand
 








Last night Jack came over to watch the 2nd half of the finals game with Alex and I made a "remixed" version of my stuffed shells recipe. Since stuffing those jumbo shells is such a chore and takes way too long, I decided to just get the lasagna noodles and roll up the mixture which is MUCH faster. I also added zucchini to my half of the recipe because Alex is too picky of an eater and I didn't want to chance it by making his half healthy too! (Heaven forbid!) So here is a step by step recap of the recipe.
I used ground chicken breast (a discovery I just made about 6 months ago) because it is quicker and the chicken gets diced up pretty small. Then boiled the noodles for 8 minutes so they were still pretty sturdy. Combines the pound of chicken breast, 3/4 container of cottage cheese (this is what makes it so yummy), 1/2 package of shredded cheese and then 1/2 a zucchini. I was going to add spinach but decided against it.
Then I laid the noodles on wax paper and spread the mixture on the noodles (just takes a thin layer because other wise it will spill out) and roll the noodles. Place the noodles in a 9x13 pan that had a thin coat of marinara sauce on the bottom. Once you have all the noodles in place you can put more shredded cheese on and then the remaining sauce from the jar. Cover with tinfoil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Enjoy!

 
Unfortunately I only alloted myself one stinkin' roll because of my low carb diet. Just one of those lasagna noodles has 20 grams of carbs!!! This is Alex's favorite dinner and I can always tell because the next day he takes the WHOLE container of leftovers to work and I never see them come back.

Last saturday I picked up my NEW glasses and was pretty excited to wear them that night for Kendra's party! I got some compliments on them and even got bored at work and took the opportunity to take some nerdy pics.
 
 
Strong lil buggers!!
Kendra's party was a lot of fun. Even though it was mostly family that was there I was still excited to see her family and Trent's family. We had brats and burger, taco dip (my favorite!), oreo fluff, corn/macaroni casserole (Kendra's mom's specialty) and cake! Trent's grandmother was hilarious because she even had a Budlight Lime-A-Rita and was convinced the 8% alcohol in the tiny 8 ounces was going to put her to sleep! It was pretty strong but really tasty mixed with ice and lemonade :)
 
After Kendra's I weathered the rain and went over to Eric and Lauren's block party. They had a firepit going and it was a relaxing time! Debbie and I talked about and started planning our family vacation hopefully in Okoboji in July which will be a nice 3 day vacation with the kids!
Oh how I miss the Lakes!! This is Arnold's park all lit up with the Oldest wooden roller coaster in Iowa.
 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin